prof. T. Turanyi promote an interesting initiative that we hope could of general interest …
We have created a web page to assist the evaluation of high-temperature gas phase rate coefficients
Users of the database have either “user” or “editor” rights
Registration is needed to become a user. The user status is assigned personally by the administrator. Anyone may become a user, who provides an institutional e-mail address.
USERS ARE ALLOWED TO
– see all data
– calculate prior uncertainty limits, based on a selected set of the data present in the database. The considered data are selected by the user.
– make temporary evaluations (visible for herself/himself only), which are not saved in the database
The users are not allowed to add data or modify existing data in the database.
The administrator may grant the right to any user on request to become an editor and may assign a reaction to an editor. An editor may handle several reactions and the same reaction may be handled by several editors.
EDITORS ARE ALLOWED TO MODIFY THE RECORDS OF THE REACTION THEY HANDLE
– add new data
– modify any data
– delete any data
– may comment each data separately or all data belonging to a given reaction
– start the data collection of a new elementary reaction.
– create a new evaluation (i.e. recommend evaluated Arrhenius parameters with uncertainty limits) , which will be permanently recorded in the database
– create a new evaluation by revising the evaluation of a previous editor and it will also be permanently recorded in the database
– the editor may decide if her/his “evaluation in progress” be visible for the users or not. It is always visible to the editors of the same reaction.
For providing permanent credit for the database development and data evaluation work, all new and modified data are labelled by the initials of the editor, who did the modification.
We would be happy if you started to use this system!
We are ready to do modifications and extensions according to your comments and requests.